Who Are We?
Braille Institute provides free classes, seminars and services for the blind and the visually impaired.
Braille Institute's mission is to eliminate barriers to a fulfilling life caused by blindness and severe sight loss.
Braille Institute70-251 Ramon Road
Rancho Mirage, NA 92270
Outstanding Needs of Braille Institute
Item Needs (click need below to see detail)
Facilities Manager Position
Braille Institute seeks a Facilities Manager at its Regional Center in Rancho Mirage, CA
• Schedule, assign, and perform duties in carpentry, electrical, painting, plumbing, HVAC, roofing, security and transportation.
• Responsible for maintaining, and when possible, improving landscaping, HVAC, lighting, building systems and infrastructure to continually strive toward energy efficiency.
• Inspect buildings, grounds, and equipment for needed repair and maintenance work.
• Respond to emergency maintenance requests as required; troubleshoot issues to determine cause and solution.
• Manage all building/landscape vendor accounts and identify new vendors when necessary.
• Assist with construction project management.
• Provide assistance with classroom and special event set-ups.
• Maintain a variety of records and prepare reports for management review.
• Minimum 3 – 5 years hands on and current experience in the maintenance and repair of commercial buildings and grounds.
• Demonstrated mechanical ability and knowledge of equipment, tools, and their uses.
• Experience working with landscaping, HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems.
• Experience in supervising maintenance, transportation and custodial personnel.
• Knowledge of housekeeping methods, equipment and supplies.
• Background in working with outside vendors and contractors.
• Excellent communication, organizational, and problem solving skills.
• Valid CA driver’s license
Volunteer Needs (click need below to see detail)
Computer Classes, Technology Center, Exercise