Who Are We?
Desert Best Friend's Closet is the only agency that provides interview attire to low-income job seekers in the Coachella Valley. We also provide prom dresses and accessories to high school girls and ballgowns to the wives from 29 Palms Marine Base.
Mission: Desert Best Friends Closet educates and empowers our clients for success in employment and life. Vision: For all Coachella Valley residents to be economically self-sufficient through employment.
Desert Best Friend's Closet74-040 Hwy. 111 Suite F
Palm Desert, CA 92260
Outstanding Needs of Desert Best Friend's Closet
Item Needs (click need below to see detail)
Office Furniture Needed!
We are in need of two office desks,bookshelves, club chairs and small table. We will pick up!! Call 760-776-9975.Men's Dress Shoes & Belts
We need ALL sizes of men's dress shoes, but there's a high demand for shoes sizes 9, 10, 11 and 12. We provide interview attire for low-income men preparing to enter the workforce. We will have over 200 men this year.Men's Suits, Slacks and Sport Jackets
Please donate men's suits, slacks, sport jackets, dress shirts and neck ties. We outfitted nearly 300 men last year for job interviews and need your gently used clothing to help more people secure employment. "Someone's future is hanging in your closet."
Volunteer Needs (click need below to see detail)
Desert Best Friend’s Closet’s (DBFC) Wardrobe Consultants work with clients one-on-one,
helping them to select professional attire and accessories, assisting with fit, color choice and most importantly providing support and encouragement as they prepare for
interviews. Wardrobe Consultants also provide direction to clients on hairstyles, piercings,
tattoos and other items that can affect their professional image. DBFC Wardrobe Consultants
ensure that DBFC clients look and feel empowered to attain employment success. All services are rendered with dignity and respect so that each client finds comfort and support during their “shopping” experience at DBFC.
• Greet clients warmly and treat all with dignity and respect.
• Assist clients in selecting clothing of appropriate size and fit.
• Provide encouragement and advice on appropriate professional clothing.
• Ensure that client intake and exit forms are completed accurately.
• Sort incoming donation and keep client areas organized and neat.
• Identify items inappropriate for clients that can be used in thrift boutique.
• Create displays of professional outfits.
• Excellent communication and customer service skills.
• Great sense of color and style.
• Team Player.
• Sensitivity toward clients in transition coming from a variety of backgrounds.
• Professional demeanor.
• All volunteers must complete a DBFC Volunteer Application, interview and reference check
We need volunteers with HR experience to work one-on-one or in small groups with our clients to help translate their past work experiences into a professional resume.